Thursday, March 27, 2008

Todd Rocks to a packed room!



Todd (and me as his lacky) did his Talk Table today called "The Parents Aren't Complaining, but . . . ." about objectively evaluating storytimes, even if you've never been a Youth Services person. I tell ya, I thought this would be popular, but even I underestimated the vast need! The room was set up for about 40 people, but we very quickly realized there wouldn't be enough chairs. 2 women from the Program Committee and someone from the Convention Center tried to help me score some more chairs, but after I'd taken as many as possible from the room next door, we just had to have people sit on the floor . . . and they just kept coming! Todd did a great job talking about the evaluation sheet he uses and the way we handle storytimes, kits, and keep folks accountable for upholding the CML standard with evaluations . . . and about the orientation program. They were spellbound! Even with 70+ people in that little room, no one was looking at their watch. He could have gone on with questions and discussion for a long time. Great job, Todd!
After that, he and I hobbled down to the Exhibits so we could get a photo with Gene and Bill, who do the UNSHELVED comics. They are so much fun! I chatted with them a bit this morning, and it was great talking to them.
You all know what a huge fan I am of CPI . . .and in the last couple months I've seen a whole series of strips that have been excellent about security, etc, and it has seemed like they've been reading my mind. Well, guess what - Gene is a certified CPI trainer, too! Who'da thunk it? I knew I liked those guys! Bill is on the left, then Todd, me and Gene.

1 comment: