Thursday, March 27, 2008

The coolest thing - a yet to be released MS product

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFEaXYrKmhY



The link above demonstrates one of the coolest things I have seen so far at the conference. I attended Technozoo which showcased the latest and greatest "stuff". I was familiar with the Iphone, Kindle/Sony Ebook, Nintendo DS but I had never heard of MS Surface. The speaker described it as an Iphone on crack (I think steroids is a better description) and it is! Take a look at the link above and you'll see what I mean. The possibilities are endless and while I know that is a cliche, in this case, I think it is true. This is currently in beta (in Las Vegas in "modern clubs") but a commercial version is expected to be released this summer. I want one for my personal use :-).

3 comments:

Cat Herself said...

Imagine being able to use that for searching the PAC, or checking out, paying fines, figuring out where you need to go at Main Library (or around town). Very cool! OOOooooooooooh - and typing, playing the keyboard, etc.

Cat Herself said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Taylor said...

I believe that the CityWall (http://citywall.org/pages/about) that we're thinking about for Main Library some day works a bit the same. Customers touch the screen to move images around.