Friday, March 28, 2008

Awesome Day!

OK. Went to a new non-fiction presentation. The list was fantastic and the presenter was hilarious. Who knew that non-fiction could be so funny? Of course when it is about underwear and assorted bodily functions, you just know that the boys will be checking that stuff out. I will certainly be reading those titles and book talking them as often as I can.

Then it was off for a spot to eat. Small spot, slightly nervous that no one would show for my presentation. To my surprise, people were showing up early and half the audience were library directors! not children's services people. They just kept coming. Lost count at 60+!

I was surprised not by one, but two blasts from the past. A former clerk (that's today's CSS, for you new folks) from the CFD, showed up (btw she still talks to her staff about how we did things then! and we've only gotten better!) and she is now the director of Youth Services for Ypsilanti and Beth Werking, former librarian CFD who helped train me showed up. It was great to see old friends and to make new ones too.

The presentation went extremely well and I have at least 4 ideas to present at upcoming conferences. The questions the attendees had would easily be addressed by things that we are already doing. I'll be getting those proposals ready;-) I was totally pumped after the presentation and celebrated at Murray's, with Joe and Chris. I think that we all had the best meal of our lives.

Looking forward to tomorrow's lineup. More later.

No comments: