Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Final Session - Paula Poundstone



Well, it was a great week, and PLA officially wrapped up with a performance by Paula Poundstone. She was, in short, hilarious! Christiana and I had seats very close, but my phone's camera doesn't do it justice.

She really did have my laughing most of the time, but you kinda had to be there.



Here are a few things she joked about:

  • Sorry, this conference is only for “public”, you can’t come in.
  • Why are we considering getting rid of the Dewey system? It’s always made her feel so safe! She didn’t realize there was all this secret unrest about Dewey.
  • Don’t you take a unified stand on dog-earing? I hate dog-earing!
  • When people started leaving early (just a few, really) she said “I’ve been in this business long enough to realize that it’s best if I leave first.”
  • Librarians helping people find information and truth becomes more and more important as mis-information becomes more popular.

  • Saturday afternoon Christiana and I went with some friends through the Central Library in Minneapolis, and I'll post those pictures soon. I also had the chance to see the very small branch library that my old friend, Beth Werking manages now - more on that later.

    No comments: